B A S I C - b o u t i q u e
Browse Categories


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Basic Behind the Scenes - Meet Andrea

Well, I'm only about three months late in posting this. I had intended to kick off the new year with this post, to fill in Basic shoppers about my visions for Basic going forward. BUT, I do have some decent excuses so I'm just going to let that 3 month delay slide! First, let me introduce myself. I'm Andrea owner and buyer for Basic Boutique! This is my first time stepping out from behind the scenes, and I'm so excited to "meet" all of you readers out there! I hope you've been liking the blog so far, and please know I'm not a writer by any means so this post will not be nearly as clever as previous posts.

Okay, so back to my excuses. Number one is the arrival of my first child, my beautiful baby girl Aubrey! Little "A" arrived January 9th of this year and I can honestly say she is the most amazing thing ever. Did you check out that picture, yup, we got a cute one if I do say so myself! We didn't know what we were having, so let's just say in the last two months I've accumulated WAY too many oversized flower headbands. Well, my husband said that. I personally don't believe you can ever have too many oversized baby headbands, hah!


Sorry...I could go on and on about her but let's stay focused here. Excuse number two is my family is in the middle of a move. We needed more space of our growing family, and just to make our life a tad more stressful we decided to tackle these two huge events at the same time!


And last but certainly not least is Basic Boutique, my first baby if you will. Well, if I'm not counting my two yorkies Beau & Bella. As we enter our fifth year of business, it's obvious the market today is very different from the one we first opened in. And when times are changing (much like my own life right now), it often requires you to evolve as well. Without giving too much away all in one post, let's just say there are exciting changes on the horizon at Basic.


The first major change is chatting with all of you, expect to hear way more often from me. I know i know...probably doesn't seem too exciting from this post. But I LOVE fashion, and celebrity gossip, and real housewives of ANYWHERE (but am I right, Miami just isn't doing it for me). And now I love anything baby, clothes, gear, decor, and anything that has to do with interior decorating...currently obsessed with the Nate Berkus show!


You're probably wondering when I'm going to get to the point...okay so my goal with Basic has always been to keep it simple. I want my shoppers to get what they want, whatever that might be...and in order to do that I need to hear from you! Consider me your personal shopper, I'm here to serve! So let's start chatting...about whatever is on your mind, leave me a comment on the blog (which I plan to regularly contribute to) or hit me up on twitter which I'm now taking over.


So I'll leave you with one little secret...we're going to be launching a revamped Basic very soon! I just got an email from my web designer as I type this, and I could not be more excited about the makeover. Oh, and while I'm spilling stuff...we're running a promotion with Lucky Magazine (my fav) today for 30% off at Basic. Enter "LUCKY" at checkout, good on the entire site. My picks this season, anything beaded by Parker!


TaTa,

Andrea

1 Comments:

Anonymous lexi gray said...

Aubrey is so beautiful! I have been a longtime fan of Basic Boutique and look forward to the new website. Thanks for the 30% off tip, too. :-)

-Lexi

March 29, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Facebook Basic Boutique