B A S I C - b o u t i q u e
Browse Categories


Friday, January 28, 2011

Magazines

In college you are often deprived of a shopping budget... if you even have a shopping budget. The day our magazines arrived became one of my favorite days of the month. Our mailbox was one September issue away from falling off the house. One day my roommates and I were discussing how much we loved Vogue, and the least fashionable roommate (obviously), said she didn’t like Vogue because it was all "pictures." I think my jaw hit the floor. I was bamboozled. I think I even got mad.

If you are currently a college student, let me just say that it gets better. I found that after paying for my own clothing, I truly discovered my style. We all know our mothers or fathers have, at one point or another, forced us to get certain things because they were picking up the check. When you have your own money, you are better able to distinguish your likes and dislikes. One of the ways I like to shop is by looking in magazines. I take what I see and interpret the trends to fit my style.

Thankfully, most colleges and universities have meal plans. So, we didn’t have to give up food to buy the latest issue like Carrie Bradshaw. My favorite magazines are Elle, Lucky, Glamour, and Vogue. And on a day like today, a magazine is the perfect thing to cozy up to.

What magazines do you look to for inspiration? Do you flip through for the "pictures," or do you read the articles?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Amy said...

I subscribe to Lucky and Glamour...but I look at magazines online too!

February 2, 2011 at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Facebook Basic Boutique