B A S I C - b o u t i q u e
Browse Categories


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Celebrating February: Black History Month

She's graced the covers of Vogue, Essence, Newsweek, O Magazine, New York Magazine, and many more. As Black History Month comes to an end, we wanted to honor one of America’s newer style icons: Michelle Obama. A Time Magazine article inspired me to write this post about 3 weeks ago. What is it that I love about her, you ask? Political views aside, you have to admit she has style.

For starters, she is classy and sexy at the same time. She wears brands that the general public can afford. Earlier this month, Mrs. Obama wore an H&M dress that reportedly cost $35.00. The best part was that she wore it to two morning show appearances, changing the belt in between. Can you say resourceful?! She's been very open about where her clothes are from, which takes the anxiety out of scouring the web to recreate her looks. There’s nothing worse than seeing something in a magazine or on TV and falling in love, only to find that it’s way out of your price range.

One of my favorite looks was her silk chiffon Inauguration gown by Jason Wu. I would definitely wear this. Another favorite is the purple-blue dress she wore to the Mexico State Dinner on May 19, 2010. I like this dress because it reminds me of Halston Heritage. Another thing I love about her wardrobe is her choice of outerwear. She always wears beautifully tailored coats.

She was criticized in the press by Oscar de la Renta for wearing British designer Alexander McQueen to the China State dinner, and I loved her response. She said, "Look, women, wear what you love. That's all I can say."

We want to know. What is your favorite outfit of Michelle Obama's?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Facebook Basic Boutique