B A S I C - b o u t i q u e
Browse Categories


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beauty Products: The Basics

Fashion and beauty go hand in hand. Unlike most celebrities, you probably don’t travel with a glam squad. I like to think of makeup, hair care, and skincare as accessories to my outfits. Each can change a look from drab to fab, instantly! We want you to feel your best, so here are some of our favorite products.

Let’s start with skin care. It’s important to take care of your skin at any age. The three most important words from my dermatologist. Cleanse, tone, and moisturize. Oh, and wear sunscreen! No matter how good your genes, no one is exempt from skin cancer.

Suki Skincare Exfoliating cleanser: This is my absolute favorite scrub I have ever used. The main ingredients are sugar, citric acid, and rice flour. $9.95 for a 1.0 fl. oz. to-go version, which, if used sparingly can actually last you months. Or, you can go for the full size version weighing in at 4.0 fl. oz at $29.95.

Mychelle Dermaceuticals: I use the "Beautiful Skin Collection" every day and night. It's gentle and natural, yet effective. There's no need to use products formulated with harsh chemicals when there are natural brands out there like Mychelle. $34.99 for 3 products.

Weleda Everon Lip Balm: I love this chapstick because it actually works. $5.50

Moroccan Hair Oil: Strengthens and conditions, speeds up drying time, and cuts down on frizz. Prices vary from $13-$15 for a 0.85 oz. bottle.

NARS Eyeshadow + Blush: My two favorite eye shadow duo's are Bellissima and Sugarland. Bellissima is a shimmering beige/gray brown and Sugarland is a glimmering apricot/lavender pink with golden sheen. I also use their blush called Mata Hari, which is a rose petal pink. Duo eyeshadows are $32 and the blush runs around $27.

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer: Perfect for those of you who don't want makeup that looks caked on. Sheer coverage. It has SPF 20 and comes in 10 different shades. $42 for 1.7 fl. oz.

MAC False Lashes Mascara: I love this mascara because it doesn't clump and it separates lashes like no other mascara. $18.00.

MAC Plush Glass: Sheer color that also plumps your lips. I use "Fulfilled," a creamy pink/coral color. $18.50 for 0.14 fl. oz.


These are my beauty essentials. What are yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Facebook Basic Boutique